Join now - be part of our community!

Issue with overseas model and unable to get support

jeupsy
New

Issue with overseas model and unable to get support

I have a Sony DSC-RX1R digital camera purchased from the Sony corporate store at the Sony building in Ginza, Tokyo, Japan in September 2015. This is an "overseas model" with international warranty and I have the "tourist limited warranty card" as well as the purchase receipt.

I am based in Ireland and tried to contact to send the request below to Sony's customer service twice last week through your the support website, but haven't received any answer.

I understand there can be production defects, but given the price of the camera and the fac tthat it is a flagship model, I am a bit disappointed not to get more timely support (if any). Is there a way to escalate the issue and get Sony to look into my request?

Thanks.

Details of the issues I have already sent:

I noticed 2 minors defects with the camera but could unfortunately not return to the store as I left Tokyo on the day after purchasing the camera:
- The manual focusing ring is not as smooth as expected: there is intermittent resistance and noise when turning it as if there was friction against an unexpected element inside the lens.
- There is a small crack on the black coating/paint next to the battery compartment. It doesn't look like a scratch and there is no mark of impact, but rather that the coating got cracked during manufacturing when it was applied to the metal casing.

While these issues are not preventing me from using the camera, I would like to know if they could be covered under warranty in Ireland, especially given the fact that this is a pretty expensive top of the line model (which I would expect to be of very high quality), purchased directly from a Sony corporate store with international warranty and the issues have been present since day 1.
0 REPLIES 0