Join now - be part of our community!

We need to talk about BIOS.

profile.country.en_GB.title
joperez7798
Visitor

We need to talk about BIOS.

Hi there I wish sb could help me. When I bought my VPCF11C5E the fan sounded a bit too much and I read that Sony support recommended some users of Vaio F series, among other, to update the BIOS as they found some thermal issues. My laptop were not included in those problematic but anyway I updated it and I found less noise in everyday use. The BIOS is R0280Y6 19/01/2011. The laptop has been nearly pain noise free until recently. I do not if it is the cause of the change but about some months ago one day, under no load, I remembered that it was raining and the window was open about 5/10 cm, suddenly, the screen turned blue and stated 'this computer is going to shut down now to avoid  damage'. I do not if it is the cause but after booting it the fan laptop was sounded louder. I also recently I have installed the Windows office 2013 preview version.

I restored it to a previous date and the problem dissapeared or at least I thought. There is not new BIOS released for my model and what I did recently was to restore the BIOS to default settings. Apparently nothing has improved. I downloaded the BIOS again to try to install it in order to have a fresh start but, it is impossible as, in the process of installation, a window states that the BiOS is current and therefore no need to update it. I can not find the original BIOS from sony support and I am blocked.

I do not know why the laptop is now running hotter or sounding louder. In particular when surfing the Internet and I open several tabs.

I have update the nvidia drivers to the latest version, the Adobe flash player, the Java software.

I can use the recovery discs but I do not thing it will make any difference.

ANY HELP IS WELCOME!!!

0 REPLIES 0