Join now - be part of our community!

Music player not able to play all tracks

profile.country.GB.title
DMRDave
Explorer

Music player not able to play all tracks

Since my update yesterday (android 11 update I believe) the music player won't play many of the songs in my library.  Seems very random over which do and don't play.  Sometimes parts of an album sometimes all by an artist!

I have the music stored on an SD card in folders by artist/album mostly MP3, but also flax, again no correlation to what plays or doesn't.

Any suggestions beyond reloading it all on to the SD card?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Probably a defective SD card, corrupted files or not supported files.

Please try with a fresh SD card and make sure that the formats are supported by the player.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
DMRDave
Explorer

But it was working the day before the update?  

Could the update have corrupted the card?  I bloody hope not!

profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

Crap 11 android update and still latest not applied for EU CUSTOMIZATION!!!

A ton of so called community team outsiders not being able to tell SONY ENGINEERS how lame they test and share updates to their own devices and they want to beat others in selling!

We are waiting for latest upgrade still not upgraded for almost 3 weeks! Maybe when 1III gets on the market and the story repeats they will be happy flopping Sony like other did with Nokia!

GOD BLESS SONY but with these indolent 'helping hands'. Oh my! 

Ps: About the thread: disable their crap app, use only VLC or Aimp (some people really care about Sony's amazing hardware)!

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there, try to troubleshoot the music app y clearing cache and data and force stop for the app, if that didn't work, try to do a software repair by the Xperia Companion on your device. I have seen people who fixed the music app issue by the software repair, hope that'll help.