Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia 5 III restart sound

profile.country.GE.title
Soso_M4

Sony Xperia 5 III restart sound

Hello. I bought Sony Xperia 5 III (XQ-BQ72 model) It has some strange sounds when it is restarting. Please, could you tell me if your Xperia 5 III has it too? I mean, is this normal?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @Soso_M4

Can you explain more about that sound?

What does it sound like?

profile.country.GE.title
Soso_M4

Hi, Thank you for your support. So, after Sony logo appears, there are some very low sounds you know. My brother noticed it first when he had it in his hand. It sounded like as you tap a few times on the back cover of the smartphone. I did not noticed first, because that is what I thought, that my brother was tapping fingers on the back side of the phone, but he said that it was the sound from the phone. 

I have restarted a phone since then a few times, even after your response and the sound is something like that. All the times when I am restarting it. It is kind of a hardware sound, that is how it sounds. It is not from the software. It is a new phone for me, I bought it on Ebay and I am just worried if everything is fine with the phone. 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

If the sound can be heard in a recorded video, contact Sony to report the issue and send them the video so they can advise if it's within the device's specs or is it an issue and it needs to be sent for a repair for example.

profile.country.GE.title
Soso_M4

Hello,

I think that I found the answer. I will post it in here, if somebody will need it. Thank you for your attention.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SonyXperia/comments/plcpjk/xperia_1_iii_sounds_and_feels_like_something/