Join now - be part of our community!

alpha 7 s iii 3.00 Problems with ISO in Slog3 and RAW HDMI output

profile.country.RO.title
ionbadescu
Explorer

alpha 7 s iii 3.00 Problems with ISO in Slog3 and RAW HDMI output

Hi,

On the Sony a7siii there's a problem when outputting HDMI RAW. The lowest ISO becomes 640 and the 1600 is the only clean ISO in the range that is looking like 12800 ISO Slog3 in camera.

You can't shoot lower ISO than 640 in HDMI RAW and it's not even the true 640 ISO that the camera can shoot internally.

This issue persists in Slog3 if you have the ISO set to AUTO.

Clearly a big bug that needs to be fixed. 

If anybody else has this issue, please write it here so Sony can do something about it. 

3.00 firmware RAW HDMI output ISO error on a7siii

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.IT.title
danardi78
Expert

Thanks @ionbadescu 

I know that it’s a nonsense, but I must ask before to escale your case: do you have tried to reset to factory after fw update? Have you checked every single settings about video recording?

profile.country.IT.title
danardi78
Expert

PS: are you sure that you had be able to go at lower iso than native in raw before the upgrade? 🤔

profile.country.RO.title
ionbadescu
Explorer

I have recorder RAW out of my camera in many occasions. I have ample vidros on the a7siii on my YouTube channel. I was able to record lower than 640 and there where always 649 or 800 and 12800 clean ISOs. Now it’s just 1600 that’s behaving like 12800. After update I wrote to sony and got a list of steps to go through so I can check if it fixes the issue. I did everything they asked and it didn’t work. So. Give us a fix. 

profile.country.RO.title
ionbadescu
Explorer

As you well know, the update turns everything to factory settings to begin with. You loose all you previous settings and the camera acts as a brand new one. I also reseted the camera when I saw the glitch but it didn’t fix anything. 

profile.country.IT.title
danardi78
Expert

I know, but I have to ask otherwise it’s the first answer from support and we lost weeks in unuseful questions.

I escaled your issue, don’t expect a solution or a great answer, but we point on the quantity of claims escaled to move something :slight_smile:

There are a lot of issues with last update, for sure a fix update will arrive. My interest is to insert the more arguments we can to fix all issues 🖖

profile.country.RO.title
ionbadescu
Explorer

Thank you.

profile.country.RO.title
ionbadescu
Explorer

Hi. I did everything possible. I respected all the steps that I’ve been instructed to take. Including resetting the camera after fw update and checking all settings. The ISO issues are still there. There are many in the reddit community that have the same issue. They all tried.