Join now - be part of our community!

Dumbify / alternative launcher

profile.country.GB.title
diodorus

Dumbify / alternative launcher

After one year of struggling with my Bravia XD80 (unresponsive andoid, passpthrough issues, audio lags, stuttering files...) I gave up and bought an Nvidia Shield TV. I should have done that much earlier!

Anyway - as a result of that - I now want to "dumbify" the Sony TV (mainly to avoid the partner being confused betweet the two androids!), ideally by replacing the launcher on the Sony with something as basic as possible. I've tried a couple of alternative lauchers but they don't seem to have the "app" (shortcut) that would allow me to change input (e.g.: HDMI1, Satellite, etc.), which are among the few "shortcuts" I would like to keep on the dumbified Sony.

Any suggestion?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

well, you can't permanently replace Leanback anyway so no alternative will help.

The best you can get is to disable all recommendation sources, remove games or just that game shop  and then you'll end up with just apps row and source row.

But if all you need is input source icons, what's wrong with just using remote for that and forget launcher? And if you disable unneeded inputs it will be even easier. And TV button takes you to TV (unless it's set to something else).