Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI wake up problem after longer standby (XF9005)

profile.country.NO.title
Zepticon
New

HDMI wake up problem after longer standby (XF9005)

Hi
I have had a my XF9005 for about a month now, and i have a rather anoying issue when using my Apple TV.
When the TV have been in standby for a longer period (some hours) ATV will not wake the TV properly from standby.

This happends:
- I press the AppleTV controll to turn on the ATV.
- The TV turns on.

- The TV instantly turns off again.

- I continue to press the Apple TV controller.

- The TV turns on again after 2-3 seconds and works fine.

I can put the TV to standby using the Apple TV and it wakes up without issues. This only happends if it has been sitting for a few hours in standby, like over night.

What i have done:

- Updated TV to latest formware (Oreo) and that did not fix it. Apple TV allways had the latest firmware.
- I am using a certified premium HAMA cable with 2.0b support

- I am using HDMI port 3 (ARC)
- I have powercycled both devices after connecting the HDMI.

- I am using enhanced HDMI features on the Apple TV for Dolby Vision, full HDR and color thingys.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Have you tried to rest the TV?  You can find more details on how to perform this here.

Let me know how you get on?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @Zepticon,

Welcome to the Sony Online Community! The first piece of information that would help us in making a suggestion, would be the current firmware revision of your XF90 TV. You can find this by pressing the [HELP] button on your remote.

Post the firmware revision and we will take it from there.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.NO.title
Zepticon
New

I have done a Power Reset without anything changing. I have also performed the update to Oreo (6.6510) without any changes. Im hessitant to full factory reset, so much work xD

Also, my brother who has the same model as i do, have the exact same problem. And as with mine, its was present both on the firmware that came with the TV, and the new Oreo update.

profile.country.NO.title
Zepticon
New

Firmware currently is PKG6.6510.0250EUA