Join now - be part of our community!

IR Blaster-Mirroring?

profile.country.GB.title
Helius82
Explorer

IR Blaster-Mirroring?

I like this television, but the Android system i dont, i do have a Android tablet which is okay.

I dont like the the menu systems.

IR Blaster, just wont pair with my devices, i have read all the help guides.

Mirroring sees my TV but wont connect.

From what i can see, unless everthing is connected to the sony and you have "Bravia", enabled devices, that is where the problems begin, I have a Denon X7200WA, AVR-Reciever which cost over £3,000,everything is connected to it,my previous TV was a Pansonic 50" Plasma TV, which had no problem working with the reciever.

I have spoken to the manager of the store where i purchased the Sony from and explained all of the above to him, he has offered to exchange it for me for another, "OLED TV", as i have been a customer with them for many years.

I would hope someone from Sony or the forum can help me.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @Helius82,

an IR-Blaster does not pair in any way. It just sends commands via infrared (just like a normal TV remote).

Screen mirroring works via WiFi and needs pairing.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Helius82
Explorer

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your reply.

I printed the instructions, from the Sony-help guide.

Connecting an IR Blaster (IR Blaster compatible models only).

IR compatible models may not be available depending on your model/country.)

It searches but will not find my set top box, or  AVR Reciever.

I think that is the problem, because i have everything connected to my reciever acting as a hub,it seems, if the devices, are not connected to the,A1, nothing will work.

Mirroring.

I went to PC World last Saturday and spoke to the Sony rep as i was going to buy the Chromecast  ultra, £70, he sugested i download Allcast or something similar from the playstore.

I will give it a try.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @Helius82,

doesn't the A1 have Google-Cast pre-installed?

Every Android TV normally has this, which would save you the money for a Chrome Cast.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Helius82
Explorer

It has in the apps,but i  cant get it to work.

If i could find the settings to set it up or activate it i would be able to.

Just a thought on the IR Blaster,if i go into Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireles Networks that use (Wireless Network Connection) , and register, IR Blaster would that work.