Join now - be part of our community!

ITV Hub & All 4 Apps not working on Sony KD-43XG8096

ITV Hub & All 4 Apps not working on Sony KD-43XG8096

Just had BT Halo broadband (fastest speeds you can get in my area) installed and a new BT Box, for which everything works well, including Apps, HD Sports etc.

Then bought a new Sony KD-43XG8096 Smart TV and channels and some Apps work, as does You Tube etc as connected via WiFi etc.  Also just had a new digital aerial put on the roof to make sure everything is now ready for integration as best as possible.

However, despite having all the tech set up I am not able to get ITV Hub or the Channel 4 Hub to work.  The home screen opens, I can select programmes to watch, the adverts play, but then the ITV one gives a 'whoops' message whilst the C4 one just has squares on the screen.  Neither work on the TV, which is odd as they worked on my really old telly and so I am more than disappointed that my brand spanking new Sony that has upgraded aerial and upgraded internet does not work?

Help please????

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@seanandgem 

The usual reason for this is that you skipped agreeing to some of the Sony T&Cs when setting up the TV, and will have to go back and set it up again, ticking all the boxes this time.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
Aaskill
Explorer

Same TV, same problem! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Aaskill 

The YouView-sanctioned answer, which has been reported as effective, is in the posting you directly above yours.

I’m not sure whether you just didn’t see it there, or were hoping for an easier answer.

Alas, there isn’t one 😥

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

I've had this problem on all4 recently. Took just a couple of minutes to run through initial setup again.  I skipped the tuning but accepted sony and then youview agreements. Only extra step for me was to then disable youview as I run the sideloaded version of the apps.