Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XE9305 Bravia issue with HDMI (ARC) input video quality

ithody
New

KD-55XE9305 Bravia issue with HDMI (ARC) input video quality

Hi,

When I connect any of my sources (HD Humax box, HD BluRay, 4K Media server) to my brand new XE9305 TV's HDMI (ARC) input the video quality is clearly degrated, compared to if I connect them via any of the other HDMI inputs.

P1030751.JPGP1030750.JPG

The pics above illustrate the issue. The first has the Humax box connected to HDMI 4 input. The second has the Humax box connected to the HDMI 3 (ARC) input. In both cases I'm using the same high-speed (18 gb/s) HDMI 2.0 compliant cable.

I get perfect video quality from HDMI inputs 1, 2 & 4. It's just a problem with HDMI 3 (ARC) input.

Do I have a faulty TV? Or is there an explanation for the difference?

I realise I can simply not use the ARC input. But as the TV is brand new I think that functionality should work without having to compromise.

Any thoughts folks?

Thanks, Ian

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi Ian,

We're taking a look at this now, and someone will be back in touch with a response for you soon.

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi again Ian,

Are you using different settings for the HDMI inputs? If you adjust one input via Action menu then these settings will apply only to this specific input, whilst the other might use the common settings. Please let us know, and we'll do our best to advise further.

Thanks,

Owen