Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65X9005C Light bleed issues

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnymack
Explorer

KD-65X9005C Light bleed issues

Have many people got this?

Bottom left and right corners suffer from light bleed in dark scenes.  Adhjusted settings to no avail.

Are there any fixes out there or will this have to be returned?

Cheers

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.DK.title
bo_helle
Explorer

I have same Issue With my only 3 weeks old kdl-43w8305. I didnt notice before the update last week, but it may have been anyway. Currently, I watch Homeland on Netflix, and in lot of Dark scenes, the edge of screen gets lighter (almost to a grayscale). Worst is the right side of screen.
Really hope, this something that can and will be fixed by an new firmware update, as this is very anoying and not worthy of the Sony brand. My 2012 Sony presents better pictures than the new one 😠

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunatley, this is the nature of Edge lit LED screens.  If it is really bad (only you are the judge of that) contact your retailer to see if you can exchange the tv for another one.  

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-test-results/black-uniformity-clouding-flashlighting?uxtv=0fbb

Try adjusting the picture settings, like contrast enhancer, black adjust etc.

Cheers

profile.country.DK.title
bo_helle
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus

Thanks A lot for Your response to my issue - it Was great help for understanding the isssue. Yet it provided no fix, much wiser now.

Thanks Bo

Sendt fra min iPad
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnymack
Explorer

I believe the Hx853 (My last TV) was also edge lit but had no bleed at all, in fact it had beautiful blacks.

Although perhaps because it also had local dimming that may have helped a lot more than this TV.

Some people over on the AV forums who have returned the TV are saying mixed things.  Some have got TV's that are bleed free and some have got new TV's with the same issue.  It looks like there are examples that are bleed free if you are lucky.

Also, I have just wall mounted it, so hoping the pressure on the panel caused by having the feet screwed in helps in some way, not holding my breath though.

1 question: Do Sony moderate and respond on these forums?  Be fgood to have a Sony tech head provide some answers

Cheers

linuzzz88
New

I have the same problem and have not found a solotion for it. Maybe I will try to give it back, because this is a really annoying problem!

Hi, I have the same issue on bottom left of me kd55x900-c  like there is backlight seeping through from inside 

my set is only 6 months old , I make take it up with richer sounds .

Regards,

daniel 

profile.country.GB.title
SnAkEs1210

I am having a similar issue but mine is slightly different. I don't seem to be getting light bleed in dark scenes, infact the blacks are very very good, my problem is with solid colours. Reds, greens and yellows seem to suffer with light bleed in the top left corner which is weird seeing as the blacks are perfect. Top left hand corner displays as pink on a solid red backgroundTop left hand corner displays as pink on a solid red background