Join now - be part of our community!

kd49xf9005 sony remote wont work

profile.country.GB.title
ohhhhhellyeah
New

kd49xf9005 sony remote wont work

Hello everyone we need help we have a kd49xf9005 sony brand new,  we went to put it on this morning and the remote isn't working , we've tried it and it was giving a ir signal out then has stopped we did a factory reset on tv but now we can't do anything the remote isn't working and the tv doesn't seem to have any buttons that control it to get us past the welcome and choose your language section.  So at the moment we are stuck can anyone help? Tia

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @ohhhhhellyeah,

did you exchange the batteries?

Also look at the contacts inside the battery compartment to verify that they are not bent in a way that they don't touch the batteries.

- Nic

Hi

Did you get anywhere?

i also have same issue - no warning - just stopped working.

Cant do anything as remote doesn’t work!

can anybody from Sony help?

GC 

profile.country.GB.title
ohhhhhellyeah
New

Hi there we ended up having to send it to get fixed by Sony the sensor bar in the TV had broke,  I'd get them rang could be same fault hope you get sorted soon.

Gavinc
New

Hi

What a shambles!!

Sony normally so reliable.

Did you go through Sony or retailer?

profile.country.GB.title
ohhhhhellyeah
New

I know it was a nightmare, 

We went through Sony as retailer currys wouldn't do anything, we had to send receipt to Sony as proof of warranty.  It took a while with Sony they wernt really quick to begin with kept getting passed from pillar to post.  Got there tho so keep persistent.  I hope it gets sorted :slight_smile:

Marcos944
New

I would assume your problem happened on Dec 2018? I am afraid I will have to follow the same path. I have literally tried everything. Sony did even send me a new remote as it was my last resort, but it didnt help either.

I can only think of the IR sensor now. All the rest seem to be working fine.

Waiting for their answer through email for the next steps. Lets see.