Join now - be part of our community!

Keymap for KODI

profile.country.IT.title
Luigi_R

Keymap for KODI

Does anyone know how to map the ChannelUp and ChannelDown buttons for KODI TV?

Everytime that by mistake I click on those buttons Android goes out from KODI and open Programm Guide on the HDMI 1 port.

I have added the following SonyRemote.xml file under .kodi/userdata/keymaps:

<keymap>
<FullscreenLiveTV>
<keyboard>
<key id="166">ChannelUp</key>
<key id="167">ChannelDown</key>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenLiveTV>
</keymap>

but it does not work. I have tried to find the key ID of those buttons in the debug mod connecting with adb but I'm not so sure they are the right one. I'm not sure neither if the remote control is recongnized by the tv as a keyboard,remote or a joystick. APPs like Zattoo TV is able to use those buttons to change channels or X-plore file manage to scroll up and down text files. They might be a way to use them with Kodi too.

Any ideas?

PS: If there are many user interested in KODI in this forum we might think to open a new discussion and sharing tips and configuration files to optimize our Sony Android TV for KODI.

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Oh, ok. Holding "Back" it works. I'd like them inverted, though. Then, for the original issue, according to your log it should be a matter of mapping the keyCode 166 to.. nothing. Well, it's still on alpha anyway.

Performances are great. I don't know how they did it but usually I had 300MB of free RAM. Now it is 500MB. Unless it is something with the last firmware update. I see now that SPMC (after loading everything) has 500 MB free as well! I may investigate next weekend.