Join now - be part of our community!

LAN problem in KD-65XF9005

profile.country.GR.title
FSword
Explorer

LAN problem in KD-65XF9005

Hello all,

I recently purchased a new TV (Sony KD-65XF9005) and I've been having LAN issues from the beginning. To be more specific, initially my TV is successfully connected to the Internet via a LAN cable but the problem is that after a while (which can be 5 days or 5 hours) I get an exclamation mark in the network icon and I have no internet access. The solution is to have a TV reboot (press the power button for 5 seconds or via the menu) and this solves the problem temporarily until it appears again. But this is not a permanent solution, it's a workaround. What can I do to resolve this?

Let me add a few notes about my connection: I have as single router connected to a switch, which is routing the connection to the house plugs. The TV is connected via a LAN cable to one of these plugs (so the connection path is router -> switch -> plug -> TV). Let me note that I've tried another plug and I have the same issue. Also I've tried using the same plug to other devices (e.g. laptop) and it works fine. Even tried a webcam connected for many days with no issues there. So the problem is clearly with the TV. By the way I've performed no firmware updates, I'm still on Android 7 (and via the menu I find no available updates yet although I know they've been released - however I'm reluctant to go to Android 8 because I've read more connection problems there!).

Things I've tried:

- No WiFi connection set up: didn't solve it. Actually I started without setting up any WiFi connection, just the LAN but the problem appeared.

- Set a static IP (via DHCP binding): didn't work either, I mean I connect initially but after a while I have the same problems. This I've tried after setting up the WiFi connection but I always keep it off when the LAN is connected.

- Set IPv6 off: no.

- Set auto time to network: no.

When I see this problem I've pinged the TV and I see some packet loss. Also when I check the connection via the menu I get no local/internet connection. As I mentioned the soft reboot solves the issue but only temporarily.

Any ideas/solutions would be appreciated 🙂

Thank you in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I would recommend getting in touch with the Sony Support team for further help here.

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

I think one of the Oreo improvements is improved connectivity for certain routers, though assume that was for WiFi. IMHO Oreo is much better laid out. 

I have an XF connected wired and the internet connection never drops.  You could try a different cable if you haven't already e.g. I've had issues before where a ps4 would drop the connection occasionally and a new cable cured that. 

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

Sorry just re-read your post. Assume by house plugs you mean homeplugs that use the house wiring to transmit the lan connection?  When I used those I did have dropouts at random intervals which I think is to be expected with them. I k ow you say it doesn't happen with other devices but with mine it was so random I would tend to blame those first for the issue

profile.country.GR.title
FSword
Explorer

Thank you for the reply. By house plugs I mean RJ45 female plugs. So the switch takes input from the router and distributes the connection via ethernet cables all over the house, terminating at RJ45 plugs. The TV is connected to one of these plugs.

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

Not sure what to suggest then tbh.  My xf is solid on similar wired home network. Sounds like you've tried most things, but apart from either swapping out the cable to the tv or cutting out the switch in case it's faulty then unlikely but worst case the port on the TV could be faulty but not sure how you'd prove that

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

If you set date/time of your tv automatically (by network or antennas) try setting it manually. If android time is set wrongly it doesn't connect to the network.  Just a try.

profile.country.GR.title
FSword
Explorer

I'll also change the cable connecting the TV to the plug and see what happens. By the way does the TV port where you plug the RJ45 cable have leds (like the usual plugs, which are flashing when connected)? I don't see anything flashing on the port of the TV.

In any case, thank you all for the suggestions.