Join now - be part of our community!

No 4k 60Hz HDR with KD-55XE9005?

profile.country.GB.title
jforrest221
New

No 4k 60Hz HDR with KD-55XE9005?

Hello, Trying to setup a KD-55XE9005 to play HDR games at 60Hz in Win11.

HDR can be enabled in win11 at 4k 30hz, and 1080p 60Hz, however not 60Hz and 4k.

I've tried 3 cables (all of which are apparently high bandwidth and should be able to handle th signal).

I can't find a list of modes for this TV (whether 4k HDR 60hz is possible), and would prefer to confirm the TV can achieve this before paying a lot for a another certified cable.

This review states:

" As well as HDR gaming the input lag for 4K HDR signals is..."

and one might assume that if you're taking about gaming, your talking 60Hz, so should I assume if can handle 4k 60Hz HDR?

www.avforums.com/reviews/sony-kd-55xf9005-x900f-review.14564

www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-55xe9005/specification...

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
jforrest221
New

Forgot to mention that Im using an Nvidia 3080, and have set the TV into game mode and full colour/HDR. In the Nvidia panel, when using 4k 60hz the Output dynamic range is "limtied", though when switched to 4k 30hz or 1080 60hz it changes to "Full" (and then HDR becomes active.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Settings for viewing pictures in 4K resolution with higher quality (4K models only)

https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/eaep1/v1/en/04-09_02.html

Are you Enhanced format active?

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

As @Marino.Manolo suggests, and according to the manual, are you using the enhanced HDMI ports (ports 2 or 3)

The other ports may not have the 4k HDR input active.

profile.country.GB.title
jforrest221
New

Thanks a lot, it worked! Even with a HDMI 1.2 cable, for some reason (must be rated lower than it's actual bandwidth).

Thanks for your time and help!