Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KD-55XD9305 and Sony HT-XT3

profile.country.GB.title
Paullus1959
Explorer

Sony Bravia KD-55XD9305 and Sony HT-XT3

Hello.

I've had my Sony Bravia KD-55XD9305 connected to a Sony HT-XT3 sound stage for just over 12 months. I  also have a Sky+ HD box and PS-3 attached. Everything is hardwired to superfast FTTC broadband giving me brilliant 4K streaming.

During this time I've connected the Sky box and PS-3 to the TV via HDMI 2 and 3 with HDMI 1 ARC connected to the HDMI 1 ARC on the HT-XT3.

Then I've tried connecting the Sky box and PS-3 to the XT-HT3 and connected the TV and HT-XT3 via the HDMI ARC.

I've tweaked settings and optimised HDMI yet I can't see any discernible difference in picture or sound quality, even at 4K.

One thing I have noticed however is that the IR Blaster remote doesn't work with the Sky box now it's connected to the HT-XT3 which sort of makes sense and isn't a major issue.

However, of the two ways of connecting up I've described above, which is considered to be the best?

Thank you.

PS. I'm not using an optical cable, all sound is output through HDMI.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Paullus,

It sounds like you have a brilliant set up, I'm glad you're satisfied with the way things are working. Hopefully you'll soon get lots of feedback and opinions from members who have tried various ways of connecting.

Best wishes,

EdwinaU