Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KD43XG8305 and Amazon Video

profile.country.GB.title
SPBonzo

Sony Bravia KD43XG8305 and Amazon Video

Hi,

I've just bought a Sony Bravia KD43XG8305 and all is good apart from the really flaky Amazon Video app.

On numerous occasions it hangs on startup and I've noticed the odd stutter when viewing content. The latter, in many cases, has been fixed by powering the TV on\off. Netflix and other apps are fine.

The app is fully up to date.

Anyone else seeing the same?

Many thanks,

Sean

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
adamski99_uk

I've got a 49XE8077SU with the latest Oreo firmware and Amazon Prime is pretty solid. I'm connected via wifi and get the odd stutter as the router is on is way out, but I've never had an issue with  it not starting.  You could try clearing the Amazon Prime app cache and data and see if that helps.

Kind Regards

Adam

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

@SPBonzo wrote:

Hi,

I've just bought a Sony Bravia KD43XG8305 and all is good apart from the really flaky Amazon Video app.

On numerous occasions it hangs on startup and I've noticed the odd stutter when viewing content. The latter, in many cases, has been fixed by powering the TV on\off. Netflix and other apps are fine.

The app is fully up to date.

Anyone else seeing the same?

Many thanks,

Sean

I see the same on both an XE9005 and an XG9005 to be honest, the XE is slightly worse subjectively. It may be something that is better under Oreo as Adam reports but, I have held off upgrading due to other issues so not tried it.

profile.country.GB.title
SPBonzo

As if by magic the Android update for  this model has just been released and after performing the upgrade the Amazon app is much better.

Looks like it's fixed!