Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL-43W805 won’t factory reset

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Bubbaspaarx
New

Sony KDL-43W805 won’t factory reset

Hi there. 

I’ve had my sony for a couple of years now but it has recently started to play up. 

Firstly it would randomly turn off and the light would flash red at the bottom. It would turn back on when i pressed the remote but sometimes the light would just flash red and stay off. Ran a diagnostics to no avail and unplugged it for about 2 hours but did nothing either. 

The main symptom now is that every time you turn it on, it runs through the sony and android startup as if you’ve unplugged the TV. 

Now i tried to do a factory reset and it simply does not work... i mean that no data is deleted, no set up etc. It just turns the TV off and on again. Not sure what to do now.

any help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
joelippa
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Bubbaspaarx and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Did you manage to notice how many times the red light flashed at the bottom?

(A certain number of times means different errors)

Either way if you haven't been able to reset the TV I think the only option is to give

Sony Support a call on +44 (0) 2073652810 but unfortunately they

aren't open until 9am on Monday.

profile.country.GB.title
joelippa
profile.country.GB.title
Bubbaspaarx
New

Thank you very much for the advice re the factory reset. I used the button up and off button on the back  and it seems to have worked so far. I had tried doing the factory reset in the settings menu only and this is where I came unstuck. 

I didn't record how many times it flashed but if it happens next time, I will make a point of recording this down. 

Thank you all v much. Merry Christmas

profile.country.GB.title
joelippa

great news, that's your xmas present from me to you sorted :smiley: