Join now - be part of our community!

The Grand Tour in 4K

SOLVED
mansin
New

The Grand Tour in 4K

Hi. I have just started watching the second season of The Grand Tour on Amazon Prime. It only seems to be available in 1080p and not in 4K. I have asked Amazon to see if there was an issue at their end and the said everything is okay from their systems. My set is KD55XD8005. I watched the first season in 4K no problem. Not sure where the problem lies, the hardware or the streaming from Amazon. Anyone else experienced such issue(s)?

Thanks

Manny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

I think it's more of a problem with the servers messing up. It happened to me already months ago, with a couple of TV shows. And I have read of the same issue with Grand Tour now using the Apple TV 4K as well. What I did to fix it has been to do a search, then the UHD HDR version appeared. Watching it a bit it moved back to the "COntinue Watching" list (together with the HD SDR version).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
hijinx

I couldnt find it either to start with.

But eventually it turned up in the "continue watching" row.

I think that amazon prime player no longer shows the "prime in 4k/uhd" row that it used to. 

Bad decision imo.

As far as I can tell there is no way to filter the content to 4k "free with prime" only

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

I think it's more of a problem with the servers messing up. It happened to me already months ago, with a couple of TV shows. And I have read of the same issue with Grand Tour now using the Apple TV 4K as well. What I did to fix it has been to do a search, then the UHD HDR version appeared. Watching it a bit it moved back to the "COntinue Watching" list (together with the HD SDR version).