Join now - be part of our community!

Turn off SONY Bravia

profile.country.GB.title
Superfast275
New

Turn off SONY Bravia

I have a Bravia XD49XE8004 connected to a Bang&Olufsen BeoPlay s8, which directs the sound from either the TV or my stereo (whichever has been most recently turned on) to a pair of B&O speakers. The TV connects to the BeoPlay through an optical cable.

For some weird reason, even when I switch it off to listen to some music, the TV will still send out a signal that makes the BeoPlay switch back from the stereo back to the Bravia, interrupting any music that was playing from the stereo. The whole thing is driving me crazy. The screen might be completely pitch black, and no sounds come out of it, but something in it claims back the “attention” from the BeoPlay. The only way to stop it is to actually unplug the TV from the mains. I used to have the BeoPlay conncted to my previous TV and nothing like this would happen.

Is there not a way to switch the Bravia off completely without having to unplug it?

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @Superfast275,

as far as I am concerned all Android TVs from all manufacturers ping 

Google every 5-20 minutes when they are switched off.

This might trigger your sound system.

Unplugging the TVs power is an easy solution for your problem.

- Nic

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

......or just use optical. One more cable and 76385 less issues.

profile.country.GB.title
Superfast275
New

I am already using an optical cable, unfortunately that doesn’t stop the problem... Surely there has to be a way to switch the TV off without having to lay on the floor and reach below the cabinet to manually unplug the TV, is there not? Some hidden option in the settings menu i was hoping...? Thanks 

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

well, just don't use ARC inputs on AVR and TV for connection, use some other non ARC input on your TV and you'll be fine.