Join now - be part of our community!

TV turns automatically into HDMI 1 after rebooting

profile.country.IT.title
Luigi_R

TV turns automatically into HDMI 1 after rebooting

When I reboot the TV by long pressing the powen on/off button the TV turns off as expected but when it turns on again goes directly to HDMI 1 input although nothing is connected to it. I would expect to have the Home screen by default.  I did not have this behavior at the beginning but I do not remember when this has changed.

If I long press HOME button it seems that the Programme Guide app is on and I have to close it manually. I have already tried to terminate the Programme Guide app but it did not work. What is also weird is that the TV after the forced reboot does not kill/close the apps that were previously running but they are kept somehow still in memory and again I have to close them manually again (from the menu that appears by long pressing HOME).

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi Luigi,

Could you please give us a few more details, and we'll do our best to help? What model of TV do you have?

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.IT.title
Luigi_R

Yes sorry I forgot to tell you the model. My TV is kd49xd8077. What is the expected behavior according to you and what do you get when you force the TV to reboot?

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@Luigi_R You're lucky it turns on using an HDMI port you don't use. Mine, after the reboot, now turns on the HDMI ARC, which turns on the AVR which usually turns on the PS4 (or better, the last device used). Before buying the AVR it used to turn on HDMI for the PS4, turning on the PS4 again. Quite annoying.

The only half workaround I have found has been to assign the TV button to an HDMI I don't use (let's say HDMI 4), select TV and then  reboot. After rebot HDMI 4 is selected and then i can use the Home or Discover buttons to select an app and start it. Still it is very unconvenient, and I totally agree with you that after a reboot it should always show the Android Home and nothing else, also to avoid to play anything loud in case the TV reboots by itself..

profile.country.IT.title
Luigi_R

Better than a black screen I guess. is there any solution/workaround for that? Is there a way to reset "LAST WATCHED"?

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@Luigi_R wrote:

Better than a black screen I guess. is there any solution/workaround for that? Is there a way to reset "LAST WATCHED"?

I am not sure what you mean. The last watched is the last watched. That's why I select TV before rebooting, to start with a blank screen (so I get no audio).

It would also be difficult to make an option. People using the TV.. to  watch TV wouldn't like to go into Android after a restart. And to make an option "After restart turn on with..." seems a bit ugly. But at least what Sony could so would be to go into the last TV channel if available and into Android Home if they are disabled. Instead the TVs do exactly the worst thing: select an HDMI and turn on whatever is connected! They are little things, but given the state of the OS in these TVs I doubt Sony will ever move a finger to fix it.