Join now - be part of our community!

Why can't I turn the sound off....?

davmay44
Explorer

Why can't I turn the sound off....?

I really am coming to the end of my tether with this TV.  I am a very loyal Sony customer and now currently have 4 Sony TV's in my house.

However, I really am having second thoughts with this one and am seriously thinking of asking John Lewis to replace it with a Samsung.

I purchased the KD 49X8305C from Amazon and on two occasions had to return the set to them as there were clear pixillation marks on the screen when I installed them.

I finally decided to change my order to John Lewis who matched the price and the set arrived and looked fine.  I had made a note of the settings that I installed on the first sets which made the set up much easier. 

However, the problems have arisen SINCE i set the TV up......particularly when it comes to trying to turn the set off...!

The TV came with the Sony Soundbar and SubWoofer and its just as well because the sound from the set itself is very poor and you certainly notice the difference once the soundbar kicks in.

However, when I turn the TV off by way of the green stand-by button on the remote, the screen goes off (well, sort of) but the sound remains on...!   If I turn the soundbar off I can still here the sound from the TV itself.   I'm having to turn the set off at the wall which may save me a few pennies but its something you shouldn't need to do.

Another problem is that, on more than one occasion, the set freezes on the 'Home' Screen and whilst it will allow me to scroll on the screen itself it won't let me go back to the TV. I have to finish up turning the set off at the mains......similar to what I have to do to turn the sound off.

Now this may save me a few pence over the cost of a year.....but it is, frankly, a pain.

Can someone at Sony explain what the issue is and reassure me as to why I shouldn't just cut my losses and move to Samsung....?

0 REPLIES 0