Join now - be part of our community!

Youview will not work

profile.country.GB.title
embossing1940
New

Youview will not work

Hi  I have a KD49XG8396BU TV and I am having issues with Youview.  When we first bought the TV it worked straight away, but now all I get is "information not available".  It is connected to the internet and I have also done a retune, but still nothing.  Has anyone else has this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
Richjak
New

If Your view is all the apps, like YouTube, BBC iPlayer, Netfix, then mine hasn't been working for 3 days?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@embossing1940 

There is a bug in the Sony software that YouView relies on, such that this ‘Information is not available’ issue can occur. 

To resolve this, Factory Reset the TV, which will clear the corrupted flag, or whatever it is.

Until Sony fix the underlying problem, the issue may recur, sooner or later, so be prepared to Factory Reset it yet again, if so.

Moderators, would you like to comment on when, if ever, Sony intend to fix this?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Richjak 

No, the problem described above is with the broadcast features of YouView.

What you have is an internet connectivity failure. Reboot your router (even if it is just the TV that is affected), soft reboot the TV by holding the On/Standby button on the remote down for five seconds plus, until the TV goes blank, and then let go the button while the TV resets.

If this still doesn’t work, come back with details of your TV model, and whether your internet connection to it is wired (Ethernet cable, with or without PowerLine Adaptors) or WiFi.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
embossing1940
New

Thanks. Have done the factory reset and it is working again for the time being.  A bit of a pain having to do this every so often.  Will see how long it lasts before it goes off again.