Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia C4 dual keeps restarting when charging; cannot charge nor switch on during charging

sanketkhatri97
Visitor

Xperia C4 dual keeps restarting when charging; cannot charge nor switch on during charging

Hi there,

My Xperia C4 dual decided to die on me all of a sudden. As described in the subject title, my Xperia C4 dual can't be turned on normally, while when I connect it to power or a computer it simply switches on, flash the SONY title for awhile then goes back off again. All this while the red LED would be on and off in tandem with the SONY screen. Also, prior to this malfunction, I realised that the battery levels were fluctuating a lot: it could be 50% one moment then 30% the next, and then go to 60%, something like that. Then it just died in the way described. I've tried many things, like different permutations of holding the power and volume buttons for different periods of time, removing the SIM card, getting 1 and 3 vibrations, but there would still be no difference. I can't do anything on the PC companion because the computer cannot detect the phone at all.

Hope that I can get some help ASAP, thanks a lot.

21 REPLIES 21
AnGaRi
Visitor

I have the same problem. Suddenly it turned off and when I conect it to the charger it keeps restarting all the time, but I can't turn it on. I can't repair it whit xperia companion. Could you solve it? what it was?

Ps2509
Visitor

I already had this problem last year and my phone was repaired under my warranty. Now I'm having it again. I can't believe how a phone has the same problem twice. Now I am not under my warranty. Do I need to pay? Because it happened twice and is not my fault, but yours.

Jonas
Master

Hello everyone, sorry to hear that all of you are experiencing the same behaviour with your Xperia devices.

I'm very sorry for the late reply, I have been out of office.

@Sony-c4-user, Have you tried any of the troubleshooting that I have previously posted in this thread? For example, removing SIM and/or SD card(s) and repairing the software using Xperia Companion?

@AnGaRi, If you aren't able to perform a software repair, your phone will need to be examined at an authorized service centre and your Local support team will assist you further and answer any questions that you may have regarding warranty, local service routines and so forth.

@Ps2509, I'm afraid that I won't be able to answer if you need to pay for the repair or not since service routines / consumer laws differ between regions/markets.

I would recommend that you get in touch with your Local support team. They are the experts on your market and will be able to provide you with a more detailed answer since they only work with your market and are well informed on consumer laws and local service routines.

Keep me posted!

AnGaRi
Visitor

I can´t take the phone to an authorized service because muy brother bought it in another country. Slightly_frowning_Face

Ps2509
Visitor

Nvm, I gave up. I bought an iPhone 8 days ago. Thank you for all support.

Jonas
Master

Hi again, sorry for the late reply.

@AnGaRi, If your brother knows where he bought the device and you still have the receipt, please get in touch with the retailer and see if they are able to assist you with having it sent in for repairs.

You can also contact the local support in the country where the phone was purchased in and see if they can assist you with having it examined at an authorized service centre.

@Ps2509, sorry to hear that you are leaving us. Slightly_frowning_Face

Please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with in the future if you decide to buy an Xperia device again!

Ayman10
Visitor

I love Sony but I think that they do that on purpose so that we need to buy another mobile.  I love Sony and that is why after 2 years, my mobile is still as new no scratches, always kept it as it should be, but still I get this issue. Am sad as since I bought this mobile am having issues after issues. Another example is the mobile keeps on getting hot on when on camera or when play games. And heard that this is normal. 😔. Am sure the issue cannot be solve as when u solve this, another will rise up and this has been pre determined when manufacturing this. Am saying this after having several unexplained issues

EdwinHM23
Visitor

Translation via Google Translate:

I have a Xperia C4 device which has a 2600 mAh battery.
Its approximate duration is 1 hour, sometimes it goes off with 98% load, I need your help.
Thanks and regards.

Tengo un dispositivo Xperia C4 el cual posee una batería de 2600 mAh.
Su duración aproximada es de 1 hora, en ocasiones se apaga con 98% de carga, necesito su ayuda.
Gracias y saludos.

Jonas
Master

Hi @Ayman10, I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way. Slightly_frowning_Face

We would never do anything like this on purpose to force a customer to buy a new device.

It is normal that the phone will get warmer when you for example, use the camera, watch videos or when playing games, this is because the phone will be under heavy load.

All our devices also have a inbuilt overheating protection that will close down the application that is the cause of the overheating, to make sure that no damage will occur.

If you could elaborate a bit on what behaviour you are experiencing with your phone, I will do my best to assist you! Slightly_smiling_Face

Jonas
Master

Hi @EdwinHM23, sorry to hear about your phone. Slightly_frowning_Face

Do I understand correctly that the phone turns off, but the battery level is still very high on the phone? If that is correct, can you power on the phone again or do you need to connect it to a charger to be able to power it on?

If you can power on the phone directly again, try restarting your phone in safe mode, so we can make sure that a downloaded application isn't the cause of this.

If you however need to plug in a charger to be able to power on the phone again and the battery percentage is 0% when the charger has been connected, your phone will need to be examined at an authorized service centre and your Local support team will assist you further.

Keep me posted!