Join now - be part of our community!

DSC HX60 - dropped and now has error

profile.country.GB.title
davetommo0566
New

DSC HX60 - dropped and now has error

Hi there, 

Wondering if anyone can help. My wife has a DSC HX60 which she dropped from about a foot. No damage but now the camera when switched on extends the lens but screen only displays the attached picture error.

I believe the Steady Shot function may have locked the camera and have tried resetting. (where is the reset on this type of camera as the Sony site does not say and the user manual doesn't either). I'm hoping someone can advise as my wife is pretty upset that this has happened and we are on holiday! Thanks

screen displayscreen display 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Please see more details on how to reset the camera to the default settings here.

If you require further help, I'd recommend getting in touch with the support team here.

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes,
Sean 

profile.country.GB.title
JohkneeB
New

Hi Dave, did you get anywhere with this? I have exactly the same problem, though I don't remember it being dropped. Resetting the camera had no effect for me 😞

profile.country.GB.title
davetommo0566
New

Hi there,

Sadly no....had the option to send it to Sony for repair but not sure if I will incur costs for it. Decided to buy another camera as wife desperate as we go to India in two weeks....got it on a good deal. Will send the camera for repair later and see what the damage is to my wallet and if it is worth paying.

profile.country.GB.title
Wilton70
New

Hello Dave/ Sean

Just wondered how you got on with your Sony camera to get it working again

My wife bought the Sony DSC-HX60 just before lock down. Got around to using now sadly now well outside warranty. Taken a handful of picture in its life and now will not work. 

The lens is extended. When powering on the lens retracts then extends again then displays this message on the screen below. I have re formatted the memory card, reset all the camera functions but it doesn't want to take pictures or retract the lens when turning off. All the menus appear to work fine but just can't get the camera to work and take pictures.

Any advice please.

Thanks Ian20230625_112953.jpg