Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-WX350 charging options

SOLVED
vlava123
Explorer

DSC-WX350 charging options

Hi,

I recently bought a WX350 and I have some questions about how to keep it charged when on the move.    Excuse me if some of them are quite dumb!  

The manual has two charging options: connect USB to camera and plug it into AC adapter and the AC adapter to the wall socket, or plug USB directly into computer.  

1) Will charging off a computer or laptop take appreciably longer than from the mains (230 mins.)?

2) Can I plug the USB into another mains charger, such as this Mocreo Universal Adapter?   I would rather not have to carry two plugs around when travelling. 

3) Can I plug the USB into an external battery pack / powerbank such as the Anker 2nd Gen Astro E5

4) I would like to get an external charger (one that requires you to take the battery out of the camera) so that I can leave it to charge in a cafe/hostel etc, without worrying about the camera being stolen, or to charge a spare battery whilst using the camera.   I see there is the ACC-TRBX Power Accessory Kit For Cyber-Shot on the Sony site which is compatible with the NP-BX1 battery, but it retails for around £50.   Is there anything cheaper?   

5) I would like to get an extra battery as a spare.  Are there any reliable third-party batteries or is the NP-BX1 (which is £32) the only option?  

If anyone could help with any of the above, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks so much! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Pumpkin_Duke

Hi,

1. Yes, charging from a PC usually takes much longer than using a charger.

2. Yes, you can. I'm also using a USB multicharger for my cameras.

3. Yes, should work as well.

4 & 5 Check this. Anyway, for best experiences I would recomment original Sony accessories even if they are a bit more expensive (personal experiences)

Cheers

PD

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Pumpkin_Duke

Hi,

1. Yes, charging from a PC usually takes much longer than using a charger.

2. Yes, you can. I'm also using a USB multicharger for my cameras.

3. Yes, should work as well.

4 & 5 Check this. Anyway, for best experiences I would recomment original Sony accessories even if they are a bit more expensive (personal experiences)

Cheers

PD

vlava123
Explorer

Thank you!