Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-WX70 - White dots/specks behind screen

karw15
New

DSC-WX70 - White dots/specks behind screen

Hi,

I've had a Sony Cybershot DSC-WX70 for almost two years. I've used a screen protector with it from the beginning, and it's always been kept in a protective case.

However, I've recently noticed that there are some white dots or specks that seem to be behind the screen.They are only noticeable under direct light or when there is a white background being displayed on the screen. Here is a pic of what I mean.

Has anyone with the same or similar camera had this issue, or could anyone tell me if it's possible to fix it?

Thanks for any help.

1 REPLY 1

Same problem as you they are on the inside of the lens and on the sensor I took mine into a Jessops recommended repairer who told me they are notoriously difficult to repair as changing the lens only can result in dust resettling on the sensor and you are back to square one .They offered to change the lens and the sensor for £145.plus vat . .........as I had already had the camera repaired with a software fault for £80 I decided a new camera for Christmas is the answer. I love the camera and what it can do but I will have to think carefully about my next one..I can still get great pictures but not on a single colour background ...Sky shots are bad!