Join now - be part of our community!

RX100 images washed out

impgrrrl
New

RX100 images washed out

I just got an RX100 having been sold on all the reviews claming it was one of the best expert compacts out there. However having tried a few test shots so far the image quality has been really disappointing. Shots outside have been coming out light, they seem almost overexposed with the colours being pretty washed out, not that vivid at all really. I've come from an Olympus E-PM1 and so far the RX is lagging behind on out of the box snaps. On top of the outdoors issues it seems to really struggle with motion blur even when on sports or pet settings etc. I'm wondering whether its auto settings are a bit crap, or if I'm best off just seeing if I can return it?

2 REPLIES 2
debrook92
New

I have experienced both. Very bright and colourful and then a few that seemed somewhat bland.  Maybe I altered the settings too much as I was still experimenting.  

profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

Maybe you were shooting with the sun in your image? A compactcamera does not have a hood and that's often the cause of washed out pictures.

Left with, right without hood. As a compactcamera does not have a hood, use your hand to block the sun OR other lightsources!

Waarom een Zonnekap.jpg