Join now - be part of our community!

RX100M4 battery very fast used

profile.country.DK.title
pederhoy
Explorer

RX100M4 battery very fast used

The battery in my RX100M4 is stille very fast used, even aften update to software ver . 2.0 and resetting of the camera. If I do not remove the battery, it is flat after one night 😞

I hope someone has an hint to avoid this problem:-)

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @pederhoy 

did you try to test another battery with the camera and check?

profile.country.DK.title
pederhoy
Explorer

Hi @EMS_MO72,

I actually have 4 batteries, genuine SONY batteries, and it makes no difference, with one I use 😞 

I suspect it is caused by som software bug … 

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @pederhoy, you might want to try resetting the camera to factory settings (menu - setup - setting reset - initialize). Also check the software version on your camera, is it version 2.00?

profile.country.DK.title
pederhoy
Explorer

Hi @Piscie 

I already tried both of your suggestions. Software version is 2.0 and I did reset the camera to factory settings twice. Despite of this batteries rapidly loses power …  and very often the ON/OFF button does not respond (may be because of low power level ??? )

Tags (2)
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @pederhoy, I'm afraid it seems a hardware related issue then. I'd recommend contacting the Sony reps directly to let you know the repair process

profile.country.DK.title
pederhoy
Explorer

Hey, @Piscie 

Thanks for your reply and advice. I already asked a dealer for repair prices, and I am afraid it makes no sense trying a repair … it will be far too costly 😕

Tags (1)
Piscie
Community Team

Hi @pederhoy, is the camera out of warranty with Sony? You can still check the repair process directly with them