Join now - be part of our community!

Why is it so difficult (impossible) to cointact Sony Support

profile.country.GB.title
room_101

Why is it so difficult (impossible) to cointact Sony Support

My RX100 camerta has suddenly developed the infamous "C:32:60, Turn power off then on" error. Of course, the suggested solution(s) don't work so I'd like to arrange for it to be repaired. Whys is this so difficult ? After eventually navigating the endless loops of Q&A I finally got to a page that would allow some sort of contact. Chat is never accessible and each time after filling out the Email or Call us forms,  it fails with a "Oh no! Your details were not stored! Please try again in an hour or so." message. 

And so it goes on and on.  

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

profile.country.GB.title
room_101

I think you are missing the point. and besides most of these service centers linit themselves to Sonys' DSLR and mirrorless cameras not compact Cybershots.

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

I know that sony's website is tricky, and sometimes it doesn't work as it should.
Probably online support send you to your nearest service center after some unuseful questions. It's the reason of my suggestion.

profile.country.GB.title
room_101

Indeed it is tricky danardeng and I appreciate your intent.

FWIW, the website contact page does appear to work despite  issuing messages to try again and have since received a repair form. So I will look at that and decide based on the cost of repair.  

Cheers.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey room_101,

You can email directly to: customersupport.en@eu.sony.com.

The chat is available and works right away through this link: https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email?cat=mobile&tab=Chat

Or maybe just call, they give you the option to skip the whole create your case thingy. 

profile.country.GB.title
room_101

Thank you for providing a direct email address.  

As for the chat and call options, I did say that I tried those and failed .. on a number of occasions. 

Patience and saints comes to mind. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Here are the direct numbers:

UK: 0207 365 2810

IE: 140 733 41