Join now - be part of our community!

ClockWorkMod on locked bootloader

SOLVED
iGLIDE
Visitor

ClockWorkMod on locked bootloader

Hello
Is there any ways to install clockworkmod on sony xperia e (c1504) with locked bootloader?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thommo
Genius

No - This is only possible on a unlocked Bootloader

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Thommo
Genius

iGLIDE
Visitor

But xda forum says that it is possible
Thommo
Genius

where would that be on XDA as I've checked and see that it says it must be unlocked

Vengence
Contributor

If your scared about unlocking bootloader you shouldn't be even talking about Cwm

Cwm needs kernel replacement which needs unlocked bootloader

And also what are you planning to do with Cwm on locked bootloader..... Pretty much everything cwm needs unlocked bootloader 

iGLIDE
Visitor

I'm not scared about unlocking bootloader. My phone says that I'm not allowed to unlock bootloader. I want to install cyanogenmod to boost my phone. There are many ways to install cwm on locked bootloader but not exactly for my phone. For example this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2187363
Thommo
Genius

So you have read that you can for other models but not for your Xperia E - My Z1 has CWM with a locked bootloader

If interested this thread has a list with links to most thing Xperia E and the nature of your topic

iGLIDE
Visitor

Thanks bro I have also one question. Does sony xperia e support otg?
Thommo
Genius

I'll go out on a limb here and say yes purely based on that my Xperia Z1, S and Tipo do the latter been a low end entry level phone from 2012 so I would assume the new phones will

Vengence
Contributor

Not possible on a locked bootloader... Sorry
There are some ways to force unlock but sim may not work after rom install

Sent through my xperia E with Cyanogen mod 10