Join now - be part of our community!

HT-CT290 subwoofer going into standby

profile.country.GB.title
Hodgedogg
New

HT-CT290 subwoofer going into standby

Hi,

I recently brought a HT-CT290 sound bar and I'm having trouble with the subwoofer. It keeps going into standby therefore not producing any sound. The sound bar itself works fine. When the sound bar is switched on from the wall I can link it via the Secure Link (orange light) and it works fine, it will then go into standby (red light shows on the front) I then have to switch off both the bar and the subwoofer, then switch the bar off at the wall, switch the subwoofer on followed by the bar at the wall, press the link button on the subwoofer, switch the bar on at the unit and it will and only then link again. This will last between 5 minutes to 30 minutes before turn red again. The sound bar is on a mantle piece with the sub on the floor below it approximately 1m away and the bar is connected via the optical cable.

Any ideas or or help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Leo

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Hi,

I'm looking into that could be the issue and will get back to you.

Thanks,

Drew

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Hi again,

There may be other wireless signals that are disturbing the connection between the soundbar and woofer.

You can try changing the position of the woofer or switching off other wireless signals (router, smartphone, etc.) to test if this is causing the issue.

If none of these work please contact Sony Support who will be able to look into this further. https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email

Thanks,

Drew

profile.country.GB.title
Hodgedogg
New

Hi,

after speaking to Sony support I returned the soundbar to the store I brought it from and got an exchange for a new one and this now works fine. It seems it was a faulty product.

Thanks

Lee