Join now - be part of our community!

Ht-CT660 Bravia sync hdmi 1 Arc problem

daviegow
Explorer

Ht-CT660 Bravia sync hdmi 1 Arc problem

I have a new HTCT660.
I have a Sony Bravia kdl40ex403u tv.

I cannot for the life of me get the Bravia sync to recognise the soundbar. Tried network, unplugging, all settings but it won't locate it.

Help please?

Basically all want is the tv remote to work the volume on the soundbar.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Firstly, can I assume that you have connected the CT660 using only a HDMI cable and not an optical cable as well (just double-checking, thats all)

Try the following

1. Turn all equipment off from the powerpoint on the wall.  Leave off or two minutes
  2. Whilst waiting, ensure that the HDMI cable is securely connected to both the CT660 and HDMI 1 on the TV
  3. Turn TV on
  4. Turn CT660 on
  5. On the TV, Press the HOME button and goto Settings > External Inputs > HDMI Setup > Control for HDMI and set it to "ON"
  6. Go back to HDMI Setup and select HDMI Device List - If the Audio system is listed, great.  If not, there might be a button called "Enable" select that and press OK
  7. Go back to HDMI Setup and select Device Control Keys and select "Tuning and Menu Keys"
  8. On the CT660 - double check the settings - Press the AMP Menu button, goto HDMI and ensure that Control for HDMI (CTRL) is set to ON (also ensure that ARC is ON too)
  9. Go back to TV and test
  10. If fails again, turn all devices OFF, and switch on again, and test again.

Hope this helps

Cheers

daviegow
Explorer

Thank you for your detailed answer.

I have had optical cable in and out - trying everything.

Unfortunately I have followed all your steps but without luck.

Any ideas what I could do next?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you are using an older HDMI cable, replace it with a newer one, as that can cure issues. 

If that still fails, its probably time to contact Sony Support : HERE

Cheers

daviegow
Explorer

Thanks for this. hDMi cable is new 1.4 version.
Before I contact them is there a list somewhere detailing all the compatible Sony Bravia sync devices.

I.e. when I select home theatre on the tv remote it pulls up a list of devices that are compatible for Bravia sync. The htct660 is not on the list.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there

I've not seen any list on Bravia Sync.  However I am pretty confident to say that all home cinema/theatre equipment that has HDMI from Sony since 2010 will have this feature.  Bravia Sync (or HDMI-CEC) has been around for quite a while now. 

I have double checked your equipment specs, and Bravia Sync is listed for both

• For TV (KDL-40EX403) its listed in the specifications : HERE
  • For HT-CT660 - page 19 of the manual : HERE

I dont understand why its not working for you.  You seem to have the right cable and compatible equipment, you've done all the enabling of it. 

However there is a couple of things you may have not done (and im sure support will request you do) is :

• Ensure that you have the latest firmware installed on your TV.  See HERE for more details.
  • And a factory reset of the TV and Soundbar (For Soundbar, see page 32 and for TV, see HERE)

Hope that helps

Cheers

daviegow
Explorer

I have just realised that the HDMi cable is only the 1.3 version. I'm now wondering if this will work only with version 1.4?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

According to Wikipedia : HERE    - HDMI 1.3 does NOT support ARC, therefore you must get a 1.4 cable.  So that might be the cause of all your problems.

Cheers