Join now - be part of our community!

Listen to TV with sound bar and multiroom

profile.country.GB.title
JJ-1962
New

Listen to TV with sound bar and multiroom

We recently brought the HT-XT3 which is great, music, Spotify and TV. SInce then we purchased an extra ‘multiroom’ speaker. With much fiddling and using the recommended app we can get the music to play, but not the TV.

Is this a fault or are we expecting too much, or just not set up correctly? If so, the speaker gets returned 😞

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi there,

Welcome to the Community. Could you please give us a few more details about this? What kind of Multiroom speaker have you bought? And how is your system setup currently?

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
JJ-1962
New

We have the HT XT3 and just brought the SRS ZR5 to work with this.

I thought the second speaker would work just as an ‘extension’ of the first.

our TV is not a smart tv, LG MODEL

profile.country.GB.title
JJ-1962
New

Sorry, I didn’t answer that well.

The soundbar is connected to the tv with HDMI cable and optical cable, we have sky Q as well. The dvd is not connected as not enough HDMI ports on tv.

The second speaker is connected by network and Bluetooth.

i was hoping that when we turn on the tv and then soundbar, sound would automatically come through both speakers, but wirelessly.

it appears the only way to get sound out of both is to use the app and listen to music off my phone or Spotify, not the tv.

profile.country.GB.title
JJ-1962
New

We think we have found the answer, we need to connect with LAN, we have just ordered an Ethernet splitter and extra cables, as well as a third speaker...welove the sound, just want to listen to more than Spotify 

if this doesnt work....I’ll be back for further advise.