Join now - be part of our community!

Skype Freezing on Blue-ray BDP-S780

profile.country.en_GB.title
vwjitter
Visitor

Skype Freezing on Blue-ray BDP-S780

Hi

Been using Skype on my BDP-S780, which worked fantastically, until recently, when ever I try make / recieve a skype call it freezes in the first 15 seconds, and the only way to bring it back to life is to cold boot the Blue-Ray.

It is fully up to date, anyone had a similar issue? or an idea on how to resolve it.

Neil

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.fr_BE.title
gtheroude
Visitor

Hi vwjitter

I'm experiencing excactly the same issue.

I tried many time to fully reset the device but it didn't work.

I noticed that only skype is affected by the freeze (other applications like youtube are working fine).

I tried to find some assistance from Skype but the bloody menu does not allow me to contact their support...

Guillaume.

gtheroude
Visitor

Hi

I contacted the support from Skype this morning and they told me that I had to liaise with Sony support...

I tried to send a support request on the Sony website but it doesn't work...

I'm annoyed because I bought the BDP-S780 especially for Skype and there is absolutely no effective support from Skype or Sony

Guillaume.

Batfinkk

have you tried, updating the firmware and then factory restting the device? This should fix any software glitches?

gtheroude
Visitor

Hi

I already have the latest firmware and the full reset didn't solve the issue

I contacted my Sony reseller by mail and he should contact me tomorrow

HappyHalfling
Visitor

Did you ever get this resolved? We have exactly the same problem. BDP-S780 using the official Sony camera, Skype works for a bit, then causes the system to freeze requiring a cold reboot to get going again.

vwjitter
Visitor

Hi

Unfortuanlty not, main reason I got the device was so that I could use Skype to call my family, It was alrewady fully up to date, and have tried to do the reset with no joy. Hoping the next update from Sony will patch the issue

I have the same problem here as well...anything worked for you guys yet or still the same?

Really gutted as I chose this fo the Skype function  :rolling_eyes:

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi - are you running the latest firmware? Try the usual factory reset and see if that fixes it as usually that resolves most of these kind of problems.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

Yes...running latest firmware.

I tried again today....full factory reset.  Did a Skype with parents...lasted less than 5 minutes before the screen froze completely.  Tried removing the USB CMU-BR100 camera, still the unit was totally unresponsive and needed a power out/in to respond.

I then took the same camera, and plugged it into the iMac, and used Skype from there for 45 mins with no problems...just frustrating as the BR was chosen for Skype as we wanted to use the TV for that.

I've seen there are other Microsoft cameras that are shown as compatible...but I'm loathe to spend more money on this, especially as the camera seems to work fine elsewhere.

Open to any suggestions though, and thanks again for the reply.