Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BDV-E2100 Questions

colt.simpson
Explorer

Sony BDV-E2100 Questions

Hello,

I have a few questions about my recent purchase of the Sony BDV-E2100, firstly:

Why does the Sony Entertainment Television say it is 'currently offline'? It has been like this for a couple of days.

Secondly:

Can I get NowTV on my cinema system?

Lastly:

Can anyone recommend any good apps to get on my system? 

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Yes, I have just tested my Sony Entertainment Television icon, and it is still down.  Im curious on something though - last time I looked into it, it wasnt very good (as in quality of content) - So was there something that you was wanting to watch on it? 

Can I confirm that you are able to access and use the other applications, like iPlayer/Lovefilm/YouTube etc - which is part of the Sony Entertainment Network.  Just asking because you sound quite frustrated for what I would call a "secondary application" and are curious if you mean SEN instead (of which is working)

Cheers

FrustratedPeter
Explorer

Ref Sony Entertainment Television being permanently offline, I've got the same problem on a TV.  Did you sort your problem out, if so, how?

May I ask if this is affecting everyone and all Sony devices, or can some people out there get it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Your post on the 30/1/14 prompted me in regards to finding out more information - at this stage I do not have any information.  Im trying....

Cheers

FrustratedPeter
Explorer

Thanks for trying to get an answer out of Sony.

I've just had a reminder from Sony Support asking me to send the details of my problem.  This I've re-sent, reminding them that I sent the info on 24 Jan 4 and, having heard nothing, repeated it on 28 Jan 14.

Given their complete inability to respond to either you or me, I did ask whether they've completley given up on Sony Entertainment Television?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@colt.simpson   

Hi there

I can confirm that this issue (Sony Entertainment Television) has been raised with Sony.  But basically the low down is this:  

Sony UK/EU have no control over this application, and also have no information in regards to when or even IF it will come back at all.  Unfortunately the only real answer I can give is to basically take it that this application is "dead".  I know that is not the answer that you want, but thats all I have.

On a more personal note, before the SET app went offline - there really wasnt much content of use on it at all to be honest - just a couple of series of a couple of old tv shows.  

Cheers.