Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Blu-ray BDP-S370 will not connect to the internet

SOLVED
stuey9964
Explorer

Sony Blu-ray BDP-S370 will not connect to the internet

I own a Sony BDP-S370 blu-ray player and have done for a while now but since last Saturday it will just not connect to the internet.  It is a wired internet connection and there is nothing wrong with the cables or anything as I use the same connection for my SKY TV box and it works fine.  I have tried a full reset with the player and this also makes no difference.  It just says on the screen cannot communicate properly with DHCP server.  I would be grateful for any help or suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stuey9964
Explorer

I reset my Netgear router and My blu-ray is back up and working!!  Don't know how the Sky box still worked when the blu-ray didn't but who cares!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JFramel
Explorer

Which service provider do you use?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

A couple of things to try:

• Try replacing the ethernet cable or even unplugging it and replugging it back in (as they can become faulty, or even loose if you've moved things around)
  • Try using manual settings instead of using auto (as in, using a fixed IP address) as this by-passes your routers DHCP settings.
  • Have you thought of rebooting your router?

Hopefully one of those resolves your issue.

Cheers

stuey9964
Explorer

I reset my Netgear router and My blu-ray is back up and working!!  Don't know how the Sky box still worked when the blu-ray didn't but who cares!