Join now - be part of our community!

Sony SVR HDT500

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jackierichards
Visitor

Sony SVR HDT500

Hi

Just purchased this a couple of days ago. Was previously using a DVD recorder to record anything on my Freeview TV. Have always had a good signal for Digital but now I have a problem with playing back anything I record on the SVR HDT500. The signal is still good when I just watch TV it is only when I watch back a recording. The picture is shaky and jerking, it sticks and flicks from the picture of the programme to a blue screen saying no signal then flicks back to the programme again, this can happen up to 10 times in a half hour show !

I'm totally at a loss as to whats causing this, obviously it can't be the signal as it only happens on recordings. Please can anyone help ?

70 REPLIES 70
profile.country.GB.title
KeefyW
Explorer

In my case I have 2 Sony SVR HDT500s (in 2 rooms), both have required replacement remotes, one switches times recordings off whenever the TV is switched on and the other one keeps partially blanking out the screen on playback. Hesitant to try repair disc as others have experienced loss of recordings and Sony's advice to try factory Reset would have the same effect.