Join now - be part of our community!

Speaker set up STRDN 1040

JohnMcLean
Explorer

Speaker set up STRDN 1040

Hi all
I have just purchased the above and set up for 5.1 therefore set using front left right centre and surround r / l as suggested
I've gone through the set up but don't get any sound from surround speakers at all

Can anyone help me? (I'm a novice at all this so an idiots guide would help me)
Thanks in advance for any help
9 REPLIES 9
nikkakog

Make the test tone and check your connections, better make the auto calibration after
JohnMcLean
Explorer

Thanks il give it a go
Anonymous
Not applicable
Moved:

audia4t : Moving post to new thread due to different problem

JohnMcLean
Explorer

My brothers just paid me a visit. And as he far more savy than me he had a look
Struggled getting the test back but changed mode and now at least got sound from surround speakers
Need to get manual printed I think and have another go from scratch
Anyone finds anything more than me let me know please
JohnMcLean
Explorer

No not tried
Novice with all this and find it a bit daunting. I need simple to follow idiots guides I'm afraid
Press this then press that etcetc
I'm hoping once I've got hard copy of manual I will be able to set it in front of me and follow some of things advised in this thread
Thanks for your advise
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JohnMcLean 

Are you still having troubles getting the two rear speakers (Rear Left, Rear Right) working?

JohnMcLean
Explorer

No I'm now getting some but this as result of my brother doing something with the "mode" just so I don't confuse anyone
It's thr surround speakers not rear
My first thought was I needed to disconnect from surround and connect to rear. Something I've been advised not to do
Anonymous
Not applicable

JohnMcLean - Just confirming: Other than reading the manual to set it up right, all is good at the moment?

If not, Im happy to try and help, but have got confused in the 2-threads in one - but need more information such as what speaker setup you are using and connections to where. etc.

Cheers

glowworm
Explorer

Just connect to the SURROUND not REAR SURROUND..then use the calibration utility with the calibration mic plugged in.

If you then want to use the extra connections you can use them for a number of options which you choose i.e  Bi-Amp,Rear Surround or Front High setups.

Don't forget its a 7.2 device, so those connections are left unused ...unless you have a 7.2 requirement.

My front speakers are capable of Bi-Amp, so after I got it all working 5.1 , I changed the front speakers to Bi-Amp operation.