Join now - be part of our community!

Main Microphone issue!!! [SOLVED]

SOLVED
AnDY2
Visitor

Main Microphone issue!!! [SOLVED]

Hey Guys,

Any one experiencing any sort of problem with your main microphone, because of which the other person may not be able to hear you????

Even after testing the hardware with *#*#7378423#*#* the mic remains non-responsive.

And this has happened suddenly.

Any one who can provide solutions?????

Thanking ya all.

AnDy

Message was edited by: AnDY

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Arnab
Enthusiast

Soft reset the phone by:

Settings>Privacy>Settings Reset

This resotres the live wallpaper again so then you must remove live wallpaper by using a different wallpaper from gallery. It should solve the problem once and for all. Same thing happened to me twice, this is how I solved it.

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
Petter
Enthusiast

I haven't heard of any cases where the mic is effected anyway on the Xperia U.

Sounds like it would be wise to try performing a repair of your phone's software.

You can easily perform the interaction with our program Sony PC Companion, availalbe for download from the link below.

http://www.sonymobile.com/se/tools/pc-companion/

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

AnDY2
Visitor

Hey peter,

I have tried repairing using PCC.

and after completing the repair, still the problem is persisting.

Kindly Help!!!

AnDy

AnDY2
Visitor

Hey Guys!!!!

I had taken to sony authorised service centre.

There the phone started working normally. The service person also claimed that he has run diagnostics and there is no hardware issue. I even talked for quite some time and there was no issue.

But today morning again the microphone issue has returned!!!!

The Customer support is giving sloppy replies that i need to keep taking the phone for service....there is no other option.

Can any one help me with wha might be the exact problem.

Regards,

AnDy

Arnab
Enthusiast

step 1: remove live wallpaper

step 2: Do a settings reset (Soft Reset) from Settings. All data will remain just the settings will be reset.

step 3: remove the live wallpaper, click a picture of u and ur friends rather and use it as wallpaper. Smile big in the picture...:)

Good Luck.

AnDY2
Visitor

Hey Arnab,

It s not workin buddy:smileysad:

i ve removed the wallpaper and ve soft reset the ph by removing the battery for quite some time.

Still no luck....

Arnab
Enthusiast

Soft reset the phone by:

Settings>Privacy>Settings Reset

This resotres the live wallpaper again so then you must remove live wallpaper by using a different wallpaper from gallery. It should solve the problem once and for all. Same thing happened to me twice, this is how I solved it.

AnDY2
Visitor

THANKSSSSSS A LOTTTTTTTTTTTTT...

IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!!!!!

but tell me how long will this help???

Arnab
Enthusiast

It will help as long as you dont use a live wallpaper. I have not felt the problem for 2 months now.

AnDY2
Visitor

But i am just wondering why this problem did not start earlier when i updated firmware two months back.

but any ways i guess ICS update will resolve this problem once and for all.