Join now - be part of our community!

no sound from speaker

SOLVED
jamilavida
Visitor

no sound from speaker

My speaker just don't seem to work at all. I was watching a movie and suddenly the sound turns off and until now there no sound coming at all from my speaker, however it works just fine on my headphone/earphone. Please help
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cot88
Enthusiast

If speaker works for a while probably issue is software related.

Try with safe mode as suggested above and tell us if same issue

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57
Cot88
Enthusiast

First of all check the volumes in audio settings (if not already done)

Make a call and check if loudspeaker/hands free mode works.

Try to load your phone in safe mode: if here speaker works fine the problem is software related

• Turn off the device.
  • Press and hold down the power key  until the phone vibrates.
  • Wait until the Xperia™ logotype disappears.
  • Press and hold the volume down key. The device then restarts in safe mode.
  • To exit safe mode, restart the device.
    If same issue probably your speaker is broken but you can try a factory reset before going to the nearest sony service center
jamilavida
Visitor

apparently, the problem re-emerged everytime i play a song or movie, the sound returned for a while, when i open a music or movie, the speaker turned off again. is it the hardware or is it the software.

jamilavida
Visitor

i want to know is it the hardware problem or else, i really do not prefer factory reset

Cot88
Enthusiast

If speaker works for a while probably issue is software related.

Try with safe mode as suggested above and tell us if same issue

jamilavida
Visitor

already did factory restore and also i used the fix phone option on the sony companion suite. still it remained the same. i'm very dissappointed if it is truely hardware related. i'll try sending it to a nearest sony centre, hope this'll fix my issue.  

jamilavida
Visitor

I can safely conclude here, that the problem only occured when either i'm using the mp3, and while watching a movie. now my phone's speaker is working, however i'm not risking myself, thus, i'm avoiding the use of mp3 and watching movies. I really hoped that sony come up with a firmware update to fix this.
bobcat0217
Visitor

I recently encountered this issue.

It was resolved by sticking my earphones in the jack and then taking it out again. May have to repeat a few times though.

AR
Visitor

The earphone tricked worked... thanks so much

oreocookie
Visitor

Hi, 

Last month I was having an issue with the speaker on my Xperia T phone not working. I tried the headphones thing that someone suggested and it started working again so I didn't worry about it. Last night, it stopped working again. I tried the headphones thing many many times and it's still not working. I then tried to restart my phone, do a speaker/heaphones/mic test and restart my phone in safe mode. It is still not working. What I have determined is that it is only the speaker that is not working. I cannot talk to anyone via speaker phone, listen to mp3's with the internal speaker or hear my phone ring with a call but headphones work perfectly fine as well as answering the phone and listening with the internal headphone. Attaching an exernal speaker works but is not exactly ideal to carry around. 

Does anyone have any other ideas as to what might be wrong or how to fix it?