Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia S Battery Drain

SOLVED
Not applicable

Xperia S Battery Drain

I know we're dealing with Android OS here, which isnt the greatest when it comes to battery life but even after setting all connections to manual sync the battery drops rather quickly. Is it just me or is anyone else having the same issue. Lets see if we can get a Bug Fix out of this. 

124 REPLIES 124
BarbarosxPeriaS
Visitor

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/236984#236984

if you read the whole discussion it will show you the way to follow. I did it and since I have updated my phone to ics the whole battery prblem is solved, now I am getting min 16 hours wit some syncs are open with half screen brightness with 3g connection... I strongly advice you to do that...

Not applicable

Screenshot_2012-07-16-14-37-00.png

Almost 2 days with wifi on, texting, calling, music....sync is off...

UmairGondal
Visitor

Can you just sum up the things for me as you can see there are thousands of messages and I can not go through all of them. That would be really appreciated.Please its a request.

hardikms
Visitor

dear razzor33,

It's excellent that your battery is performing so well. But can you please elaborate the reasons behind it?

Have you done anything special, can you guide me through?

I have put lot of screen shots, if you can find out something.

Not applicable

i dont have any problems with my battery now i have the ics update,

rite now i have 23% left on my battery and on time of 1d 1h 41mins 34s,

that includes, 2h 23m 21s of walkmann app,

wifi on for 17h 48m 33s

sync on for my google, yahoo and facebook every 30 mins,

many goes on song pop app, grave defense and a fair bit of surfing the web,

screen birghtness is 70%, no juice defender only the standard power saver app,

with the old .62 software i would have had to charge the phone 3 times by now,

all i can say is my battery out performs my iphone 4s battery and my friends htc beat xl and htc one x phones,

what more can you ask for considering the quality of the screen ?

hardikms
Visitor

liamv85,

this is really excellent, can you please guide me how you achieved this?

Did you do anything special or this is just as it came?

Can you please put screen shots of the applications you have disabled?

that will be of great help.

kathir
Visitor

I envy your phone's battery life:smileywink: . Do you get the same battery life or at least close to it, if you play games or watch videos for approximately an hour?  In a day, I play games for nearly an hour, listen to music 2 hours, surfing hardly 1 hour,no auto sync,WIFI off apart from the time when I surf net  and with all this I get maximum of 10~12 hrs. I bought the phone just 2 weeks back, not sure if I need to wait for more days to allow its battery to settle. 

profile.country.GB.title
Sees01
Explorer

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1536332&page=94

problem solved ?

disable contacts etc... this can't be solution, but try/chek this.

Flashed ICS, dont any app instal, only stock, all stock.

Try this night Airplane mode, Android System 70% drain battery -  Awake 90 % time, 6% battery lose, hate this bug!!!

Confirms whether the Sony, that is the problem, and if she is going to fix it?

P.S. I'm sorry, but to post screen shots it makes no sense, a lot of people are making the one and the same problem.

delwoods
Visitor

I think the app that is causing the problem is the power saver app, if you look at the running apps you will see that after a while power saver keeps trying to restart itself which in turn keeps the phone awake.

There are loads of screen shots of this on here and I believe a thread about it. The thing is in gb you could uninstall the app which is what I have done, but in ics you can't, you can't even disable it.

Sony promised to fix the app in ics but they have just made it worse.

profile.country.GB.title
Sees01
Explorer

This is an absurd situation, which is blamed for all applications, which open this Bug in Android OS itself. But! If re-rearranged the OS with an official set of applications (as I understand they had to be tested by the manufacturer / phone firmware for a specific region), without having to install any other software - the bug is still in place. This issue should be resolved by the manufacturer, even if it's not a massive case - so unlucky, I would like to hear some political information from the manufacturer or we just throw? I'm not sure exactly, but for me it is a warranty case (a service center does not help) can require replacement of the unit?

P.S Well, why not a mass problem? To blame the structure of the operating system on select mashines, how can this be? Even if the fault Andrond ICS, we bought the phones from Sony, they have to figure out this problem with Google.