Join now - be part of our community!

Is there going to be an updated version for Netflix app?

cosmin.ciuc
Explorer

Is there going to be an updated version for Netflix app?

I have purchased in 2013 a Sony BRAVIA TV KDL-42W650A. Although I received frequent formware updates it seems that the Netflix app has remained unchanged to the version from 2013.

This app works fine except that it doesn't support Romanian subtitles. I can't select Romanian subtitles on my smart TV for a show that I know for sure it has Romanian subtitles (The Crown). On my Windows 10 laptop the Romanian subtitles are available in the Windows Store version of Netflix app.

So, I wonder, am I ever going to receive an updated version of the Netflix app on my Sony BRAVIA TV? I have reached the local customer support and received a very diplomatic answer from them saying that my feedback has been noted and Sony company is continuously updating the firmware of its products but they cannot commit to anything more specific.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sony only offers support and network access for updates to app developers of which Sony has no control in regards to the development of the apps themselves.  You will need to contact Netflix and see if they have any plans on an update.

Cheers