Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32EX503 not turning on

rodaway97
New

KDL-32EX503 not turning on

Have a KDL-32EX503, but missing the remote. Suddendly can't get the TV to turn on properly. The LED is changing from Red to Green, however there's no visual or sound at all. I've tried unplugging it for a few minutes, and attempted to do a reset (using an app as a remote for the UP button and pressing the power button), but with no success. Is there anything else I can try? Any way to reset just using the buttons on the actual tv (bearing in mind there's no menu's on display)? Thanks in advance!

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Is the RED LED light flashing or blinking in a sequence?  If so, count how many blinks and reply back here.

Unfortunately you cannot do anything without the TVs remote control.

I would suggest you take it to an authorised Sony Repair centre to get the TV repaired, but considering the TV is 6 years old, and the costs of purchasing a new one have come down in price - it might be un-economical to repair.  TV technology has changed alot in 6 years - you might want to look around at the sales that many retail outlets have going currently?

Cheers

rodaway97
New

Unfortunately the LED isn't flashing.

I might try to find a cheap replacement controller, and failing that probably buy a new one. Unless anyone else has any ideas??