Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-55W905A+ plex

dlindin
Explorer

KDL-55W905A+ plex

Hi!

Is there any way I can install Plex client on the 55w905a-TV?

BR

David

4 REPLIES 4
NikolasP
Explorer

It could be nice.....XBMC also could be nice.....There must be a way since everything i believe is based on Linux but unless you are a programmer....then n=must wait and search till someone makes a compatible plugin or add on.....

I was reading something for XBMC but i am not sure if i will try it....Anyway i am also waiting for improvements in this area....

Cheers !!

dlindin
Explorer

I thought the Sony was an Android-platform and that I could install Plex from Google Market.

I think Plex might be a better solution for the TV because XBMC is encoding the media on the client and Plex on the server side. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont really understand why you would need to install plex client.  Your TV is already a DLNA renderer.  Anything else, you would need a DLNA server on another device (ie a PC)

Besides, you cannot install any programs outside of what is officially available.

The TV you have does not run on the Android platform.

The reason for wanting to install Plex is that Sony's DLNA client is weak. Lots of incompatibilities, tendency to lose connectivity to a DLNA server, and far too few supported formats.