Join now - be part of our community!

PC to HDTV via HDMI

profile.country.ru_KZ.title
Nytngale
Visitor

PC to HDTV via HDMI

Hi

Am I able to connect my PC which has an HDMI output, to my HDTV (KDL-60LX900 / 52LX900)?

I've tried by directly plugging the HDMI cord from my PC box to the TV, but all I get is a little white dash on the TV.

Thanks in advance for the help! ; )

Message was edited by: Nytngale

Message was edited by: Nytngale

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
Renzoellul
New

You should be able to do so. I am doing so with my EX720.

What I would suggest is that you check the screen resolution being ooutput to your HDTV. Once by mistake I used an incorrect resolution and I could not get a proper picture. I had to log in on the laptop on a different account, change resolution and finally fixed it.

What i would suggest is when you connect the HDMI cable make a desktop extension and choose the highest resolution possible for the TV. See if you get a proper picture. If you get it then close the laptop and you should be ok

profile.country.no_NO.title
erikhaal
Visitor

Hi

I got the KDL-60NX720 yesterday.

I connect my PC to the TV via the HDMI output on my computer. I get an image on the TV, but i get at thick border around it.

I have tried severeal settings on my graphicscard( 1920x1080p/24, 1920x1080p/60 ect.), but i always get the black border. On the PC-screens everything looks ok.

I have not tried to clone the DVI and HDMI output on the PC, i will try that later today, but i do not expect that will solve the problem. EDIT : Did NOT solve the problem

Any suggestion?

Regards

Erik

Message was edited by: erikhaal

Message was edited by: erikhaal

profile.country.no_NO.title
erikhaal
Visitor

Hi

Problem solved:

I have tried severeal settings on my graphicscard( 1920x1080p/24, 1920x1080p/60 ect.), but i always get the black border. On the PC-screens everything looks ok.

The HDMI output was configurated with 15% underscan. I put that to 0%  and everything looked fine.

My last challenge is that when i am sitting by the PCscreen and turn on the TV, the picture dissapear fom the PCscreen, and will only show on the TV. The PC is not able to detect the PCscreen... i have to turn off the TV and restart the PC to get picture on the PCscreen.. I Assume this is a problem with the craphical card too.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Sounds like a glitch in the graphics card drivers or something, yes.