Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia Android KD49XF8096 EPG displays "No Event Information" for all Satellite Channels in EPG

profile.country.IE.title
Micksul

Sony Bravia Android KD49XF8096 EPG displays "No Event Information" for all Satellite Channels in EPG

I purchased a 2018 Sony Bravia Android KD49XF8096 TV last week and the EPG does not load up a 7 day EPG channel list for Satellite 28.2 °E.
If I am lucky I the EPG will show what is currently on and what is coming on next.
For all other time slots it will display "No Event Information".

I also have a 2015 Sony Bravia Android KD-43X8307C  TV with exact same symptoms.

I had mistakenly thought Sony would have fixed the issue by 2018 but sadly it appears I am mistaken and my €900 "Smart" TV cannot load a basic EPG.

In its current state I cannot use the TV for recording .

Note: When I plug the same satellite connection into a €30 Satellite receiver I can get 7 day EPG no problem so the issue is not with the Satellite connection, it is with the TV(s).

Also Note: I can get a 7 day EPG with Digital Terrestrial no problem, the issue is only with Satellite.

@Sony Please let me know how I can fix this problem as the EPG is not fit for purpose with this functionality and I will be returning the new 2018 Sony Bravia Android KD49XF8096 and swapping it for a Samsung if there is no planned fix.
My 2015 Sony Bravia Android KD-43X8307C is still under a 5 year warranty and I will be looking for a refund due to a defective product if you cannot fix it.

Thanks in advance for your support. Let me know if you need me to provide photographic evidence of the state of the EPG on both TVs.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Micksul, it's best to get in touch with support about this, you can use the contact form that you'll find here

profile.country.IE.title
Micksul

Thank you Arthur_K.

I will post outcome here for the wider community as I know this issue is affecting many people per the following thread with >90k views https://community.sony.ie/t5/other-tvs/sony-bravia-tv-epg-quot-no-event-information-quot-on-freesat/...

profile.country.IE.title
Micksul

Sony told me via my ticket they would not allow me to return the TV under warranty as they can't guarantee the availability of EPG data with satellite broadcast.

They also refused my request to extend the warranty on the TV as a gesture of good will even though my local dealership offers an extended warranty through Sony for the same TV.

Heads-up to anyone out there considering buying a Sony Bravia Android TV and expecting a normally functioning EPG that you can record with, you won't get one.

You can expect this EPG instead20181012_175807.jpg

Lesson learned. Samsung for me next time out.

profile.country.GB.title
dabrigd80

We might be getting somewhere, try this and see if it works. Personally I thinks it’s a load ***. Good luck:

Dear Mr Brigden

Thank you for contacting Sony support. 

We are sorry to learn that your Sony KD-55A1 is displaying no information in the guide. In an attempt to resolve the matter please perform the below steps:

1-Remove all external devices. 

2-Unplug TV from mains and plug it back in after 2 minutes. 

3-Ensure that the TV is running on 6.5629 software version, by checking:

Home - Help and you will see the software version at the top right of your screen.

If your TV is not running on the above software version, please visit the below link for the latest update:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/oled-tvs-android-a1-series/kd-55a1/downloads/00015577

4-Unplug your antenna and start tuning your TV as shown in the below link:

https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/eaep1/v1/en/08-04_14.html?hl=tuning

Your TV will find zero services, replug your TV and start tuning again. 

5-Perform a factory reset as follows:

Home - Settings - Storage and reset - Factory data reset.

Having the issue persists, we are seeking your cooperation to reply with the below to investigate the matter further from our end:

1-Did you experience the same problem with the previous software version?

2-How does your TV receive its broadcast signal? 

3-Do you use a CAM card? 

4-Do you use a set-top box?

5-How often do you experience this problem? 

6-Please provide steps to reproduce this problem.

7-Is there any workaround or solution found to this problem?

8-If the answer above is Yes, please describe the work-around or solution?

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yours sincerely,

Jasmine

SONY SUPPORT TEAM

This message was edited as we don't tolerate swearing in the community! 

[Post edited - removed swearing]

Sean Mc 

Community Manager

profile.country.IE.title
nittygritty
Explorer

I too have the same problem with the KD-43XF8796 purchased in Dec 2018.

It should not be rocket science for sony to upgrade firmware,so come on sony get the finger out and fix this issue asap

profile.country.GB.title
dabrigd80

I have an email from Sony saying their engineers can’t fix this problem - you couldn’t make it up.

I will find it and post it here: