Join now - be part of our community!

Using network to share HUMAX video files

profile.country.GB.title
JADASTIC
Explorer

Using network to share HUMAX video files

Hi, I'm using a Bravia KDL-40EX724 in one room and have a non-internet Sony TV in another room with a HUMAX  HDR-FOX T2 media recorder. They are all connected to my home network including my W7 PC. Using the KDL-40EX724 I can stream videos from my PC to the TV. The PC is set up as a media server and I can play videos with no problem. Checking the HUMAX HDR, it also is seen by the KDL as a media server and I can see and click on the list of recorded TV programs but they won't play. All I get is a black screen with the Green right arrow video start icon. I assume that the file type is incorrect for the Sony KDL but the HUMAX shows MPEG2 within a .ts file. Has anyone tried this or something similar and how can I get the Sony to read the files. Thanks for any help on this one.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
IanJenk
Visitor

I'm having exactly the same problem with my Bravia TV, and with my Sony BD player - they see the Humax media server and the files, look like they start to play them ... then just a blank screen. Any ideas, anyone?

profile.country.GB.title
JADASTIC
Explorer

Did some digging on the Humax forum and found that the Humax encrypts the file when it is saved, so you can't see it from the Sony TV.  I also found that the media player on the PC didn't play the files either. However, I downloaded Free XBMC and it sees the Humax as a server and plays all the Humax recorded files.

Not the perfect answer but you can watch your recordings on your PC while the TV is being used by the family (?). I also purchased the HD-FoxT2 for our Kitchen TV (Curries -£99) With the latest software downloaded and updated it becomes an HDR (you must attach an HDD - I use 250Gb external USB drive). It also is a media player and will detect and play the recorded programmes from the HDR Fox T2 in the other room using Netowrk connect.  Or indeed Films on your PC.  Best to use Power line adapters to get the speed.