Join now - be part of our community!

AACS check error on XL202 Blu-ray player

andy@penkside
Visitor

AACS check error on XL202 Blu-ray player

Hi folks! Been playing Blu-Ray discs on my XL202 quite happily for several months now, then all of a sudden i get the message "WIN DVD stops playback because of AACS check error". I've downloaded the latest update, done a complete drive recovery, downloaded updates again and still I can't get a disc to play. I have tried opening the player first before inserting the disc, but to no avail. Anyone got any suggestions? It's version 7.5 DXVA B43.179.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Andy,

You need Version 7.5.43.272

Download it from XL202 Downloads

:wink: :wink:

andy@penkside
Visitor

Cheers!Didn't see that update when I first looked, but it's done the job, thanks.

profile.country.en_GB.title
cammorro
Visitor

I have the VGX XL202 using XP. I don't get a message saying my AACS has expired , I just get a 'red' page telling me to contact my s/w supplier for an up-date. Every solution given to me by Support does nothing, I always end up with the 'red' page message. One of the solutions asks that I right click to get the message but if I do this (or anything) it always starts the WIN DVD BD s/w and then back to the red page again !

Is the only solution to forget Sony and Corel and load an independant BD s/w which would mean the XL202 is 'not fit for purpose' as playing BD was the prime mover in my decision. I've the machine a couple of years and never been happy with the BD since AACS keys became an issue, Sony did solve the problem once but there was a sound/video sync problem. I tried to solve this by reloading the BD s/w but that was what messed me up.

Anybody have a similar problem !

Campbell

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi cammorro,

This thread is over 3 years old - I think I would have started a new question.

What version of WinDVD BD are you using?  It should be Ver 8.0.20.169 dated May 2010.

I see the latest update for WinDVD on your download site is Ver 8.0.8.425 which is well out of date and was released in December 2007!!  I looks like the latest update has been missed from your updates.  This may explain why your software is out of date.

Try downloading and installing Version 8.0.20.169 available on the AR21S download site here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?m=VGN-AR21S&l=en_GB

If you have tried to reinstall Win DVD and have deleted the original, then you cannot install this version as it is an update.  The only way to reinstall WinDVD once uninstalled is as part of a full recovery of your System back to factory settings..

:wink: