Join now - be part of our community!

Bundled recovery disks

SOLVED
profile.country.sv_SE.title
Vitdom
Visitor

Bundled recovery disks

Hello! I'm interested in purchasing a VAIO laptop for use in 5 year long my university studies in Applied Engineering Physics towards a Master of Science in Engineering degree.

Since both I and my university has demands on different operating systems and other boot-level software, I require a so called Recovery disk for recovery of the original operating system bundled with the computer(Windows 7: Home Premium 64-bit in this case).

I wonder if these disks are bundled with the laptop at purchase or do you have to purchase them separately. Or do you distribute something like this at all?

The laptop in question which I am interested in purchasing is VPCEH1S1E/B.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Vitdom,

The VPCEH1S1E/B comes with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit preinstalled but no recovery disks are bundled – this is the case with all Vaio notebooks.

There is a hidden hard drive recovery partition from which you can, and are recommended to, create a set of recovery media as soon as you receive your notebook. In the event of the need to recover the system to factory default you can use the created recovery media or the hidden hard drive recovery partition (assuming that this is not deleted as a result of installing a different OS).

I recommend that you point out to whoever carries out the installation of any different OS that there is a hidden partition and that the entire hard disk should NOT be formatted, just the C: drive.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Vitdom,

The VPCEH1S1E/B comes with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit preinstalled but no recovery disks are bundled – this is the case with all Vaio notebooks.

There is a hidden hard drive recovery partition from which you can, and are recommended to, create a set of recovery media as soon as you receive your notebook. In the event of the need to recover the system to factory default you can use the created recovery media or the hidden hard drive recovery partition (assuming that this is not deleted as a result of installing a different OS).

I recommend that you point out to whoever carries out the installation of any different OS that there is a hidden partition and that the entire hard disk should NOT be formatted, just the C: drive.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat